|
|
PromoImg
Moving to Malaysia
Find Out More
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Our Families
Alice Smith is the centre of a wider community in KL, including Brownies and Guides, Cubs and Scouts, which form links to other schools and families.
Fiona H, Girl Guiding Malaysia Division Commissioner and Alice Smith Mum
50 +
nationalities

The families of our students play a very important role in the Alice Smith community, and are part of what has the Alice Smith School so special since its inception.

We place a great deal of importance on making sure our parents feel welcome, particularly as most of our families are a long way from their home country. The many initiatives from our active Parent Teacher Association, such as a dedicated Welcoming Committee and events like the Newcomers' Coffee Morning, ensures our new families promptly feel right at home.

Parent Teacher Association

All parents are welcome to play a role in the Alice Smith School Parent Teacher Association (PTA). Each class and each year group at both campuses have parent representatives who help in various ways and provide assistance when needed at PTA events.

The PTA has an elected Committee which meets regularly and supports the school through events, fundraising and feedback. PTA Committee members are elected at the School's Annual General Meeting and the Chair of the PTA serves on the Council of Governors. 

The PTA also has a Welcoming Committee, which helps support new families in their transition to Alice Smith and Kuala Lumpur. 

If you are an Alice Smith School parent and would like more information about joining the PTA, please email pta@alice-smith.edu.my.

Parent Representatives

Each class at the Primary Campus has a Class Representative who will introduce you to the rest of the class parents, hold a number of class coffee mornings and evenings out, and answer any questions you may have. There is a cafe on the school premises, affectionately known as ‘The Deli’, which serves great coffee and light snacks where parents can meet at drop-off and pick-up times.

Similarly, at the Secondary Campus, Year Group Parent Representatives are on hand to welcome new parents. Coffee mornings are held termly for each year group, where parents can meet new friends and catch up with old ones amidst plentiful opportunities to get involved in school life. 

Many ways to get involved 

Alice Smith School is privileged to have a community of parents that are keen to be actively involved in school life in some way. 

From running the Cubs, to being on stopwatch duty at the swim meets, to taking on a role as a parent governor - parents are a great support to the students inside and outside the classroom.Whichever way you choose to get involved, we promise it will be an enjoyable and rewarding experience.

We look forward to welcoming you into the Alice Smith School community.

50 +
nationalities