|
|
HdImage
University Destinations
The vast majority of Alice Smith School students choose to study at a UK university. Australia, Canada and the USA are also popular destinations.
Emily Graham, Head of Higher Education

The Alice Smith School has an excellent reputation for academic excellence and wider learning experiences, along with the advantages gained from the AQA Baccalaureate qualification, and as such we are very proud of the fact that almost all of our students go on to their first choice university.

Diversity of study choices 

Our students choose to study undergraduate courses of great diversity from the sciences, social sciences, humanities, art and design, architecture, business, medicine, media and engineering. Science and Engineering remains popular with roughly 30% of students going into this field. Social Sciences (12%) and Mathematics, Finance and Accounting are also very popular (12%) and our students also attend many other different courses for example, Law, Horticulture, Computer Science and Acting and Drama.

Destinations

The majority of our students attend universities in the UK, although an increasing number of students are applying to multiple destinations at universities across the world. We have Alice Smith students attending universities in many countries worldwide, including Ireland, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Holland, Malaysia and Canada. More of our students are also completing a gap year or will be starting courses later on in the academic year in Australia and New Zealand.

Top UK Universities 

72% of our UK students will be attending world-class, research-intensive universities of the Russell Group. They will also be attending other top universities such as St Andrews, Bath, and the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London.  They have secured places at universities across the country, from the big London universities (such as Imperial, LSE, King’s and UCL), to top universities in Scotland and Wales. Many of our students secured places at Top 20 ranked institutions such as Cambridge, Edinburgh, Manchester, Warwick and Bristol.

World leading university destinations 

The 14 students this year who have already accepted places outside of the UK are also at well recognised and respected universities, including: Hong Kong University, University of British Columbia in Canada and Erasmus University, Rotterdam.

We wish all our students continued success in their education whatever path they choose to follow.

Emily Graham, Head of Higher Education