Website Menu
Close Menu
Find Out More
Find Out More
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage

The School’s policies cover all aspects of School life and eventualities required to maintain a safe, happy and caring environment for every student.

Policies and additional information relating to admissions can be found here, including details on the Permit to Study and the Student Pass. If you would like details on a specific school policy please contact us. Additional information can also be found in the FAQs. Signed copies of the Payment & Notice Bye Laws and Rules and the Policy of Statement of Rights of Child should ideally be submitted with the Application for Admissions form or on acceptance of a place at the school.

Either a Student Pass or a Permit to Study is required for all expatriate children who are in Year 1 onwards, until the maximum age of 18. Students who are a Permanent Resident of Malaysia or holders of the Residence Pass are exempt. Children with immigration exemptions e.g. a child whose parent is a Diplomat also need not apply for a Permit to study or a Student Pass.

In the absence of a Permit to Study or Student Pass, students who are involved in school trips outside Malaysia without parents accompanying them can face problems at the immigration points of exit/entry. 

Admissions Policy (61 KB)

Policy of Statement of Rights of Child (85 KB)

Payment & Notice Bye Laws and Rules (76 KB)


Permit to Study

Applicable for children who hold a Dependant Pass (whose parent(s) hold an Employment Pass) in Malaysia and children under Malaysia My Second Home Programme (MM2H).  Application for a Permit to Study can only be obtained after a Dependant Pass has been issued to the child or the child has obtained MM2H status. A Permit to Study is a “stamp” given by the Immigration Officer which states that the child is allowed to study in the Alice Smith School for a defined period of time. All new applications and renewals of Permit to study can be done at the Immigration Office which issued the Employment Pass / MM2H visa. There are no additional fees and processing period is 1 day.

An application for the Permit to Study can take place after the child has started at the Alice Smith School. New parents will be provided with the details of the documents required.

Student Pass

Children who do not have a Dependant Pass but hold a Social Visit Pass are required to apply for a Student Pass. Prior to this application, the school will submit necessary documents to The Ministry of Education (MOE) for their approval. This process takes approximately two to six weeks.

The approval from MOE must then be used to process the Student Pass at the Immigration Office. This takes approximately another seven working days.

Kindly inform Admissions at the respective campus two months before the expiry of the Social Visit Pass or Student Pass.

The information provided on the Permit to Study and the Student Pass is subject to change by the Immigration Department.

Please contact our Admissions Team if you require any further information. 

Immigration Department Address

Putrajaya Immigration

Bahagian Pas Pengajian

Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia

Kementerian Hal Ehwal Dalam Negeri

Tingkat 3, Blok 2G4, Presint 2

Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan

62350, Putra Jaya

Jalan Duta Immigration

Bahagian Pas Pelajar

Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia

Kompleks Kementerian Dalam Negeri (KDN)

No.69 Jalan Sri Hartamas 1

Jalan Duta

50480 Kuala Lumpur

Unit Imigresen (Pas Penggajian) di MDeC

MSC Malaysia e-Xpats Centre

Suite 3.1, 3539 FSBM

Plaza  Jalan Teknokrat 7

63000 Cyberjaya

Selangor Darul Ehsan

The Immigration Unit (Employment Pass) of MIDA

MIDA Sentral

No. 5, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5

50470 Kuala Lumpur

back to the top
Tap here for SUB-MENU
back to the top